Rugs are home pieces that can improve the aesthetic appearance of any home, so it is very important that they be given the rug cleaning Oklahoma City care that they deserve. Although vacuum cleaners can be used to remove the loose dirt that has accumulated within the rugs, it’s not enough to clean the deep-seated dirt and small particles that have fallen through and accumulated within the deepest layer of the rug’s fibers. This is why you need to make sure that your rugs are cleaned extensively by professional cleaners every now and then.
For simple rug issues that need to be remedied right away, here are some basic tips you can use:
- Move away furniture from the rug so that you can clean it without any hassle.
- Use a vacuum cleaner. But before you do the vacuuming, make sure that you’ve already removed big particles on and within the rug that could clog your vacuum cleaner.
- Get a bucket of clean water and a mild soap. The soap will serve as your stain remover. You will also need a clean cloth.
- Gently dampen the area with the wet cloth and apply the mild soap. You may also use a brush with very soft bristles. Brush or rub the stained area until the stain is removed. Remember that this method is only applicable for light stains. Deep-seated stains won’t be removed with mild rubbing, seek professional help in case of deep and severe staining.
- When drying, never use a dryer. You can either air dry it or place it outside under the heat of the sun. The heat of the sun can help kill the bacteria in your rugs.
Again, always remember that the above tips are only applicable if you are dealing with mild staining issues. For severe staining and dirt problems, hire a rug cleaning Oklahoma City professional.